Smoothing Serum powered by Retinol 30mL
- Light emulsion, containing retinol (pure vitamin A) as well as Vitamins C and E in liposome form
- Liposome technology allows key active ingredients - a combination of retinol and palmitic acid (a high-carbon fatty acid) - to enter the deep layers of the skin in a stable form. Liposomes form a protective membrane around the active ingredients to carry them until they reach their desired location in the body.
- Helps prevent wrinkles, smooth existing fine lines and brighten dull skin
- Our BIO-SMART range is a premium range of anti-aging serums, developed using the latest advancements in biotechnology. Innovative scientific research and cutting edge technology have enabled the discovery of new plant extracts, whose active ingredients are used to combat anti-aging
- Our formulations use the highest concentrations of these active agents to reach the deeper layers of skin for maximum effect. Designed to aid cell regeneration, collagen production and skin smoothing
Skin type: All
Age group: 30+
Certification: Natural by Naturix
How to apply
In the morning, apply 1-2 pumps of serum to cleansed skin and massage evenly across the dry face, neck and chest. Once fully absorbed, depending on your skin type, your skin may require to top with your favourite face cream.
Use with caution: to avoid side effects, please use this Serum wisely. Retinyl Palmitate is a photosensitizer, so it is strongly recommended to use a layer of sunscreen on top of your serum, and for safety, to avoid direct sunlight. We recommend using overnight instead.
> Retinol: a synthetic derivative of Vitamin-A and falls under a broader category of retinoids. When applied topically this product will convert into retinoic acid through specialised enzymes that are found within the skin. Retinol stimulates collagen production helping to reduce fine lines and improve the smooth appearance of the skin.
The essence of Liposome Encapsulated Delivery (LED) technology is that the liposomes form a special phospholipid membrane around the carrier material (in this case vitamins A, C AND E), essentially a microscopic bubble, thus protecting it. Liposomal encapsulation improves the efficiency of absorption because the membrane protects the active ingredients until they reach the desired location in the body. Thus, the active ingredients encapsulated in this way can be targeted to the desired point in the skin.
> Vitamin E is an antioxidant and cytoprotective vitamin, protecting skin cells from harmful agents and effectively combating signs of aging. It's also anti-inflammatory, adept at maintaining skin hydration and elasticity.